Over the Edge - new traits etc.
Over The Edge is a roleplaying game by
Some of the traits etc. below are aimed at my London 1890-campain.
- Computer Hacker
- The ability to gain access to and get super-user privileges etc. on a foregin computer system. (signs?)
- Computer Programmer
- The ability to write programs for computers (all sizes and all computer languages). (Carries a large programmable calculator for which he writes a Lemmings or Linux port.)
- The noble art of selfdefence.
- Run your sword thru your opponent.
- Technical Capable
- Has fundamental understanding of technology and can operate most “simple” machinery within the hour. Needs up to an hour of trial-and-error. 2/3
- Technical Understanding
- Has a good understanding of technology and can operate all simple and most advanced machinery within the hour. Needs up to an hour of trial-and-error. 1/2
- Hears, sees and knows what is going on in the city. Knows who is who and who is doing what. 50-70% of knowledge is facts and 30-50% is gossip. If he doesn’t know something he know who to ask. (”Who is that gentleman over there?”) 2/3
- Electricity is one of mankinds gretest inventions/discoveries. To use it to light up rich men’s diningroom as an extravaganza during fancy evening parties is an sheer insult to Nature. One of it’s greatest uses is to cure diseases - everything from broken legs to baldness to feeblemindness. (”Please, just sit down in this … euhm … chair.”) 1/2
- Cannot operate machinery. Is mildly scared of technology. (”What was good for my father is good for me.”) Note:Not a real phobia!
New fringe powers
- Predict Act of Person
- The person with this fringe power has the ability to get a feeling for what a person is about to do within the next minute. Warning! This is not a mind-reading ability. Example: A person in a bar thinks it’s about time to take a cab to the boss and tell him that the player character has entered the bar. The PC then can determin that the person will leave the bar and might take a cab. The PC wil not know why the persons leaves the bar or whereto he is going. It’s the act and not the reason that is predicted - and only for the closest period of time (approx. one minute).
Back to Gamemaster's Refuge